Are you hosting a baby shower and not sure where to start? There are so many options and choices but just remember to keep it simple. A baby shower is a special time to spoil the momma-to-be and baby. Here are five of our top tips to making your baby shower one to remember!
1. Pick a theme: Picking a theme is so much fun! Whether boy, girl, or gender neutral baby shower themes are one thing that will set your shower a part from others. If you are planning a theme for your babies nursery have it match your shower theme and re-use the decorations.
2. Add registries to invitations: When sending out your baby shower invites always remember to add a little insert that includes your registry or diaper shower link. Hosting a diaper shower, ask us about our pre-made invitation inserts. This way your guests will know just what to purchase.
3. Create a Facebook group for those who can’t attend: In person parties are always a blast but let’s be honest, there is never a time that seems to work when everyone can attend a party. By setting up a Facebook group your guests that can’t attend can have access to your registry and diaper shower links all in one place. It is also very helpful to send reminders to your guest, make guests aware of any party changes, and collect RSVP’s.
4. Set up raffles in place of games: Games are not for everyone and honestly they take up a lot of time at a baby shower. Instead of having games at your baby shower have raffles! Raffles are fun, quick, and easy. They require little set up and prep work. Encourage people to send gifts through Diaper Shower by raffling off a gift for all people who sent funds through Diaper Shower! Have guests fill out their name and addresses on the thank you card envelopes and draw a lucky winner. This will help save time for the mom-to-be when she is writing thank you cards.
5. Provide a party favor: A fun way to say thank you to your guests is by sending them home with a gift to remember your shower. A cute note with a small item goes a long way and adds that extra personal touch to put your shower over the top. This doesn’t have to be anything expensive or extravagant just something little. A personal favorite is a small bar of soap with a card reading “from (name’s) shower to yours and the date of the baby shower!
Melissa & Kirstin Ashley
Diaper Shower Co-Founders